Last updated - 13 May 2018
Personal data is collected on our website by, ImageKit.io, (hereinafter referred to as "ImageKit") is owned, hosted and operated by ImageKit Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “IMPL”), a company incorporated in India under the Companies Act, 2013 and having its registered office at 1201, Lords CGHS, Plot -7 Sector-19B, Dwarka, New Delhi- 110075.
Account information. We collect, and associate with your account, the information you provide to us when you do things such as sign up for your account, upgrade to a paid plan (like your name, email address, phone number, payment info, and physical address). As a paying user of our service, we may collect data related to your transaction such as name, the amount paid and the date of payment.
Usage information. We collect information related to how you use the Services, including actions you take in your account (like uploading, viewing, and moving files or folders). We use this information to improve our Services, develop new services and features, and protect ImageKit users. We may also collect your log-in and log-out time, viewed web-pages on our website, activity measures.
Cookies and other technologies. We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your username for your next visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services.
The media you upload or fetch using our integration with various third party storage may contain personal information. This could be accessible to others based on your preference. To provide our services, we capture and store some information about you and users uploading materials to ImageKit:
- IP Addresses
- Request Headers
- Data submitted to our API
This data listed above are stored on secure servers. We don’t use data from uploaded files for anything, except for:
- Detecting MIME-types (file types)
- Converting or modifying media i.e resizing, cropping etc.
- Delivering files and their modified versions via CDN
To provide you with the Services, we may store, process, and transmit information around the world—including those outside your country. We have a team dedicated to keeping your information secure and testing for vulnerabilities.
We use your data to provide you with the ImageKit Services pursuant to our contract with you. Specifically, ImageKit uses your data to:
- Provide our services and facilitate performance, including verifications relating to you.
- Resolve any problems to improve the use of our site and services.
- Personalize, assess, and improve our services, content and materials.
- Analyze the volume and history of your use of our services.
- Send you emails and other communications. We may contact you about important changes to our Services and Service-related notices. These communications are considered part of the services and you may not opt out of them.
- Send you marketing materials about our Services. If you do not wish to receive these materials, simply click the Unsubscribe link in any email, or email us at admin@Imagekit.io.
- Prevent, detect, and investigate any activities that are potentially prohibited, unlawful or contrary to good practice, and ensure compliance with our Terms of Service.
- Comply with applicable law, legal process, or regulation.
- Perform a task carried out in the public interest.
If you register for our services, we will, from time to time, send you information about upgrades and product features. Users who receive these marketing materials can opt out at any time. If you do not want to receive marketing materials from us, simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or email us at admin@Imagekit.io.
We may analyze and track the email click rates (times you click on a link in an email) and open rates (the fact that you opened an email) at individual levels to assess performance rates on our mailouts you receive.
We may share information as discussed below, but we won’t sell it to advertisers or other third parties.
We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or appropriate government request; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of ImageKit or our users; (d) protect ImageKit’s rights, property, safety, or interest; or (e) perform a task carried out in the public interest; (f) you (or your account administrator acting on your behalf) requests or authorizes disclosure thereof.
You have control over your personal information and how it is collected, used, and shared. For example, you have a right to:
- Erase or delete all or some of Your files in your ImageKit account. You can learn more about how to delete files saved on ImageKit here.
- Change or correct personal data. You can manage your account and the content contained in it, as well as edit some of your personal data, through your account settings page. You can also email us at admin@Imagekit.io for such requests.
- Access and take your data. You are easily able to recover your data from your ImageKit account at any time, by using our REST API.
Any disputes regarding your privacy are subject to the Terms, including but not limited to any provisions related to indemnification, limitations on damages, and choice of law and forum.